Thursday, January 8, 2009

oh that britney spears is good...

For those of you that know me, you know that I am a die hard Britney Spears fan. I've stuck by her side through thick and thin and I never looked back. Well, clever, little Britney came out with a new cd recently (within the past few months) and might I say..."Circus" is pretty damn good.

If you have not listened to her new cd you really should give it a try, not only because "Womanizer" reminds me of Chuck Bass and Gossip Girl commercials and because "Circus" has a really weird video, but because the #6 song is damn clever.

I don't know if Britney wrote it (she probably did not), but whoever did deserves the rights to be call a "song-writing-badass!" Okay, so about the song...it's call, "If You Seek Amy." Now, if you listen to the chorus correctly it says, "all the boys and all the girl want to if you seek amy." That makes no sense at all when you read it, BUT if you say it really slow to yourself you will find the hidden clue that "all the boys and all the girls want to f-u-c-k me." Say them both and you will realize that Britney and her "song-writing-badass" did something ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.

I would never have realized that if my Britney-loving boyfriend, Casey, did not point out how dirty the song is. I had no idea what he was talking about until he brought it to my attention. My Britney-loving sister, Katie, whom gave me the cd, thought the chorus made sense. She was disappointed when we brought it to her attention because she then had to break the news to Amy, her roommate. Amy apparently loved to listen to that song because she thought it was about "seeking Amy" at the bar.

Needless-to-say, it was a sad day for some (Katie and Amy), but for other Britney fans we realized that she was more a lyrical genius than before.

Way to go Brit Brit.

until then, stay classy planet earth.

and who am I? that's one secret I'll never tell.

xoxo, delaurah

No comments:

Post a Comment